Did you know that hundreds of studies show that starting in your early 30’s, each and every year you experience significant memory loss and brain decline along with the loss of valuable brain power and function? In fact, research at Georgia Tech University shows that the average person’s memory declines by as much as 40% between the ages of 30 and 65, with an even more pronounced decline as you enter the so-called “golden years”.
The 5 Early Warning Signs of Brain Decline
Let’s examine these warnings:
- Forgetting where you’ve put things, names, faces, or important due dates and appointments
- Difficulty remembering conversations you recently had, or things you just read
- Stopping mid-sentence, forgetting what you wanted to say
- Stumbling on words, suffering from lapses in concentration and being “scatter brained”
- Experiencing regular “brain fog”, where you often can’t think clearly or your thought process is slowed and murky
For sure, these common yet serious symptoms are no laughing matter. Even worse, there are a host of environmental toxins in today’s air, food, and water supply that are constantly preying on your brain:
- Fluoride in tap water shown to lower IQs
- Artificial sweeteners that trigger the death of brain cells
- High fructose corn syrup and foods high in sugar shown to cause brain shrinkage
- GMOs in non-organic vegetables and many processed foods causing “brain rancidity” (where vital omega-3 fats in your brain are literally caused to go rancid and become toxic)
- Toxic pesticides and herbicides used as “common practice” on fruits, veggies, and grains
- Alcohol consumption which damages brain neurons (even in moderation)
- Electromagnetic radiation emitted by cell phones which can disrupt the DNA of your delicate brain cells and cause brain dysfunction
- Aluminum in antiperspirants and deodorants the can cause toxic build up of heavy metals in the brain
Simply put, the world we live in today takes normal age-related memory loss and compounds it 100 times over. And when you realize the constant danger your brain is continually being surrounded by and exposed to in today’s day and age, along with the undeniable documented memory loss associated with “getting older”, it’s no wonder that research shows the #1 fear of aging adults is losing their freedom and independence due to what is seemingly unavoidable mental decline.
Are you worried about…
- The nightmare of a failing memory?
- Falling victim to deteriorating mental abilities?
- The fear of becoming dependent on others for basic daily living?
- The dread of losing control of your decision-making?
It all sounds very overwhelming, and it is. The fortunate news, however, is that there IS something you can do about it. Even better, the answer is found in simple nutrients you can find easily:
- Almonds and walnuts
- Coconut oil
One important thing to keep in mind is that you have to eat these nutrients in moderate or small quantities but frequently as a rule of thumb.
*Source: BioTrust Nutrition